We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
PHOTO: Lori Rice
Yield: 9 servings
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. finely ground sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 3/4 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup peeled and shredded parsnip (about 1 medium parsnip)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, pitted, chopped dates
- 1/4 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 T. cold unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease 8-by-8-inch baking pan.
Cake In medium bowl, stir together butter and brown sugar until smooth. Stir in egg, followed by sour cream and vanilla. Mix in cinnamon, salt and ginger.
In separate medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Fold in parsnips and dates until evenly coated with flour.
Transfer dry ingredients to wet ingredients a little at a time, stirring just until incorporated. Transfer batter to greased pan and spread evenly.
Topping In small bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Use fork to mash ingredients together until crumbly. Sprinkle topping evenly over coffee cake.
Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.